I only need a freind!

Shared experiences of life, and the path that has led you to where you are.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

Omerta

I only need a freind!

Postby Omerta » Fri Aug 23, 2019 9:43 am

After mouving to germany , and exactly to a very small town where young people is nearly 2% , i have a huge problem to make friends , after 3 years i have no friend i spend the whole time with my german gf and son , i do love them but i cant handle that , i have been open about my depression and talked to my gf and she said i better visit a doctor , which i did but i couldnt Express myself using the german language ,she with a bit time she cant handle me ,and no matter what i explain she still think this isnt a sickness , i tried to suicied 3 times but i realized that i couldn't kill myself.. it come to a point where even death isnt a solution.. i wanna be there for my child but i cant live in this town im just stucked i cant mouve any further. I cant be with my partner cuz she dont get how strange is it to be depressed.. ijust dont know what to do where to go i only need to stop my mind a minute and get rid of this ugly me ,i dont wanna die.

athena.vhd

Re: I only need a freind!

Postby athena.vhd » Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:38 am

hello omerta welcome here :D
i think its not a sickness it is so much natural cuz everone needs friends and one person doesnt seem to be enough i undrestand u.
here u can find some if u think online friends work on u.
hope u get better as soon as possible.

Spleefy

Re: I only need a freind!

Postby Spleefy » Sat Aug 24, 2019 9:25 am

Hi Omerta,

It’s so wonderful you acknowledge that your life is important, if anything at least for your child.

Your child definitely needs you in his life, and so does your partner. I’m relieved that you did not complete suicide. This is a success and something to be celebrated. You are still with us, and so it must remain.

You may be living with depression now, but it is not here to stay. Depression, like everything else, is temporary. In other words, it’ll pass :)

Depression is an imbalance, whether physically, emotionally, spiritually, environmentally or a combination of these. It probably is a “sickness” or “mental disorder” and other labels that doctors call it. But I found that labels can, for some people, cause more harm than good, as we live up to our labels. It may not be in your case, but it was definitely in mine. I had to stop telling myself I was sick or had some disorder. The only disorder is this system of things--the current world that we live in. We are products of this world.

How is your diet? It is bizarre how many people dismiss or underrate the impact basic nutrition has on our well-being. You body needs all the essential nutrients—obtained only from our diet—in the right proportions and balanced amounts to stay healthy. A deficiency in nutrients can lead to conditions, including depression. No matter how many antidepressants and drugs we pump ourselves with, and all the psychotherapy in the world can’t stop depression if our body is deficient in nutrients that lead to or perpetuate the condition.

I’m not sure if you are active and exercise regularly. This should also be an important part of your daily routine. Exercise will boost mood, is a natural antidepressant, and stabilizes your biochemistry. It will also give you motivation and help you to establish a routine.

You mentioned you “can’t live in this town.” Is that because there are limited young people in your area, so it is hard to make friends?

I can understand your predicament. Our environment has a profound influence our wellbeing. I can only function and be happy living in the country. I need the wildlife and forest. I need the smaller population and community-focused township. Of course, there are drawbacks to this, such as finding friends and a partner.

At least you have a girlfriend. Where I live, I’m statistically doomed in finding a compatible woman!!! :lol: But that’s life. I make the most of whatever I do have, and sometimes just let the chips fall where they may. As i say, everything is temporary. Jehovah God will help me to cross paths with the right woman with same core values as myself. As they say, "good things come to those who wait."

What about Athena’s suggestion of making friends online? That might be a good place to start! At least you’ll be connecting with people. It isn’t the same as having friends in person, but it’s a start.

What about befriending people of different age groups? I have friends all ages, including those in their 70’s and 80’s. At the Christian meetings I attend, we are encouraged to befriend people of all ages, not just within our age group. I actually like my older friends. They are so awesome to talk to. They are a little wiser than the younger ones, so I connect better with them.

And the oldies are funny buggers lol. They have so many wonderful stories to tell that it could fill a book. I can sit there with a coffee and listen to them for hours. The only problem with them is that they are always tired and need naps :lol: So that is why I have younger friends. Not for stimulating conversations, but for the energy--exercise, exploring places, getting up to "mischief", etc.

We are all here for you if you ever want to talk, suggestions or to just get stuff off your chest.

Please take care. You will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Return to “Your Story”