Another person with another story

Shared experiences of life, and the path that has led you to where you are.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

Monty

Postby Monty » Tue Apr 14, 2009 1:47 am

It is funny because when my family first started with computers it was in 1980 and we bought a Tandy TRS-80. Way before there was an internet.
I have no idea how many computers, of varying shapes and sizes over the years.

Can actually remember when the internet really took off. We come from a small province and when we logged on we could see all the other users from the province that we logged on that the same time. Made quite a few contacts that way. Also posed major privacy issues.

Of course it is quite a bit different, close to 30 years later. It is nice to be able to logon and not to have an entire province know all that you had to say. It was kind of like the party lines that I had when using my phone. It was funny how many extremely personal details of people's lives would be discussed over morning coffee (information gleemed from listening in to your neighbors calls.

I apologize for my trip down memory lane. I was just trying to make the point that the internet has advanced so much and enabled wonderful groups like this one, to help people in the same boat out, without even being in the same country.

I have been able to get the same feeling from this group, as you have. It is often that my family of origin doesn't want to understand, or even talk about my problems. No, we can't see each other, but that doesn't mean that we aren't first in line, to do whatever we can do to help.

Glad that you have been able to get that feeling of "finally belonging somewhere" for the first time in your life.

It does make the load lighter, doesn't it. To post your story and actually have people out their who "want to listen", actually ask you to share.

Looking forward to hearing more from you.

Warmsoul/Jeanie13

Postby Warmsoul/Jeanie13 » Tue Apr 14, 2009 4:11 am

(((((((((((((((((((( Dennis ))))))))))))))))))))))

Just returning a hug, your 'huggles' in the room are among the best. Thought I would share that with you, :)

Good to know you are use the room and the forum. Just know, you receive support in the room, as you stated, but you also should be aware of how much support and love you give to others.

Very amazing person you are. Proud to call you a friend.

Take care please, talk with you again sonn.

Warmie/Jeanie

Return to “Your Story”