People doing drugs at school.

Shared experiences of life, and the path that has led you to where you are.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

Sadinatura

People doing drugs at school.

Postby Sadinatura » Tue Mar 26, 2019 1:54 pm

I'm so sick and tired of people I know at my school who are fricking doing drugs at school. Why the hell would you do drugs at school! I'm fine with people doing drugs outside of school but I absolutely DO NOT approve of these people who are vaping or smoking joints in the bathrooms and taking pills at school. I just got pretty pissed because I heard someone across the table who is a pothead trying to pressure one of my friends to eat an edible at school! I'm honestly completely fine with people doing this stuff out of school but why do people have to bring it to school. I took out my earbuds and told him that he should stop talking now because she (my friend) should know I absolutely don't approve of these things and that if he said it one more time it would qualify as peer pressure. Everyone should be sober at school, outside of school? Fine! Have at it guys! Just keep it out of school! I've kind of made it my goal to show people who do this how stupid it is to bring these things to school by making it my duty to catch and or prevent people from doing these things at school. Maybe I can make a difference. I mean honestly, I occasionally try things like this but I wish people would think the pros and cons of these things. I wish they would realize what if they have a bad reaction and have a breakdown or paranoia at school. Or that maybe anyone you may think may be ok with you speaking about these things, maybe recording, videoing, or snitching on you? Not everyone is trustable! I am not a snitch but I don't approve.

Jtw

Re: People doing drugs at school.

Postby Jtw » Wed Mar 27, 2019 12:46 am

Sorry to say this, but why do you feel its your problem? If people are doing drugs at school then that’s obviously a problem and it’s an issue that needs to be dealt with. But it’s not your problem, and you have enough of your own to be dealing with. It worries me that you’re so invested in this which leads me to suspect two things might be true.
The first is that you don’t approve of drugs. Everyone else is doing them and it feels like you don’t fit in. Is this highlighting the fact that you feel like the outsider and that you’re so different to everyone else? There’s a part of us that wants to be a part of things but because this is a thing you don’t agree with, you feel excluded.
The other possibility is that you define yourself by what you see around you. School isn’t what you want it to be, and because it’s a large part of how you see yourself, you want it to change. You want your world to conform to your rules and it doesn’t, and you’re riling against it.
Either way, if people are using drugs then it doesn’t effect you, it’s not your problem. Just make sure it doesn’t cause you any personal problems and make sure it doesn’t cause any for the people you care about.
Ultimately, we can’t control other people and it only causes problems when we try.

Sadinatura

Postby Sadinatura » Wed Mar 27, 2019 12:24 pm

Thanks for the response Jtw, I understand what you're saying and I agree that makes sense. I'll agree to what you're saying just as long as this problem doesn't involve my friends I guess.
-Inatura

Jtw

Postby Jtw » Thu Mar 28, 2019 10:51 am

Just trying to help! What do you think is behind it? Why does this issue bother you so much?

windsong

Postby windsong » Thu Mar 28, 2019 4:58 pm

Hi. I know you said you aren't a snitch, and that them doing drugs if they'd leave your friends alone, and keep it out of school wouldn't bother you. However even if they approached someone who is not your friend, that person is someone's friend. As you pointed out there could be so many complications from this kind of thing. So I think if you do know who is distributing the drugs it might be beneficial to let the faculty know anonymously if you don't feel comfortable doing it otherwise. It could save a life, or have the person doing the drugs get the help they need now, rather than later when their life is spinning even more out of control.

But just my thoughts.

Jtw

Postby Jtw » Fri Mar 29, 2019 12:33 am

I'm a teacher, trust me when I say that the faculty knows. By all means, she should feel free to report it, especially to the authorities but my interest is in why she's so angry about this.

Return to “Your Story”