young, sad, and in college

Shared experiences of life, and the path that has led you to where you are.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, Astrid

aim

Postby aim » Fri Feb 13, 2009 3:28 pm

Hey comicallydepressed - so glad you went! I'm happy you don't regret it, and at least now you are going to get the help you need.

As for meds... that's a personal decision. I have pretty severe anxiety (not depression any longer) and I am on Paxil, which is a pill specifically for anxiety. I have been on it for about 9 months now, and I have to say that it's been a positive experience for me. My anxiety level is way down, and I have very few side effects from it. I tried the generic version of Wellbutrin first, and reacted badly to it. Bottom line is... it may take a few tries with medication before the docs get it right. Don't give up on it, and please tell your doc if you are feeling worse as opposed to better on any meds. Also, remember that it takes some time before the medication begins working, so don't feel discouraged if you don't feel anything for up to a month or so, ok?

Good for you to pour your depressed thoughts into creativity. :-) Good luck with that!

Lisa11

hi

Postby Lisa11 » Sat Feb 14, 2009 12:49 am

The information you have provided is new to me. Thank's for it.
Lisa11

aim

Postby aim » Sat Feb 14, 2009 9:41 am

Hi Lisa! How are you today? Feeling ok, I hope. Which information were you referring to? Just curious... Seems that this forum has helped you - great!!!!

comiclydepressed

Postby comiclydepressed » Sun Feb 15, 2009 2:41 am

i told my mom, and a few friends, one of my friends completely betrayed my trust and told a ton of people about my problem.

results of telling mom: she felt bad for me, she loves me, didnt blame anyone or anything like i thought she would do, and it turns out she had been hiding her depression from the family as well, she is on meds. i told her about the parties i threw, the drugs, the booze,....everything, it felt good.

results of telling friends(b.f.f.'s): they said they love me and want the best for me, i spent the whole weekend with the ones in town, today was a great day.

results of telling the betraying friend (b.f.f.)(not sure anymore): he seemed like all the other friends did at first and then i find out that a shit ton of people know about my problem. he sent a message on facebook telling them( i saw it from a friend) , he did it to protect me. i told him in confidence. complete confidence. now all these people he told feel obligated to hang out with me, and do nice things just to make be better, i hate knowing why people want to hang with me, i hate him. i absolutely hate him.

things i did today:

*helped a friend move old furniture to the dump (fun)
*went out to lunch with friend and his mom (really fun)
*sat in his new furniture(comfortable)
*more people came over to chill in the new furniture (awesome)
*went home for "diner" (i didn't eat)
*cut my leg with a razor blade in the bathroom(multiple times).
*went back over to friends house
*told jokes(really funny, but really inappropriate)
*went to see Coraline 3D! (blew my mind)

aim

Postby aim » Sun Feb 15, 2009 11:53 am

Comically depressed - good for you for trusting people! And look what happened - all but ONE were there for you and are supporting you. I also think talking to your mother was probably the best decision you could have made for yourself. Be proud of yourself.

It seems that the more people we trust and tell about our problems, the better we feel, huh? Holding everything inside acts like a cancer, comicallydepressed. It will eat you up. Talking is the like the chemo for it... keep at it.

Glad you sound so well!!! :-)

comiclydepressed

Postby comiclydepressed » Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:43 pm

my video series intro video was just released on youtube

everything i made, and the series is a comedy, but the intro isnt really

enjoy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ul-5kUs ... annel_page

stay tuned for more the series premiere

aim

Postby aim » Mon Feb 23, 2009 7:43 pm

hey comicallydepressed - I'll check it out!! :-)

Return to “Your Story”