I'm troubled with social anxiety disorder

Shared experiences of life, and the path that has led you to where you are.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

susan william11

I'm troubled with social anxiety disorder

Postby susan william11 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:24 am

Hi, I'm suffering from social anxiety disorder. I used to be too shy, unfriendly and nervous. Sometimes I feel distressed in social situations when being introduced to other people, being teased or criticized, or when having to say something in a formal, public situation. Also, I have noticed some emotional symptoms too like high levels of fear, excessive sweating, dry throat and mouth., racing heart etc. I have gone through certain medications, but they are of no use. Recently when I read a blog I read that medical cannabis would help the people from social anxiety, pain, migraine, sleep disorder etc. I don't know much about medical cannabis. I have taken an appointment in the cannabis clinic in Ontario ( http://apollocannabis.ca/ ). Can anyone share your insight on this? Is there any side effects for this? Share your views.

ImJohn

Re: I'm troubled with social anxiety disorder

Postby ImJohn » Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:37 am

Hello Susan,

I'm sorry that you've been suffering from social anxiety to such an extent. On the plus side you sound like a sensitive person which I think is a good thing.

Anyway, I'd advise you to exercise extreme caution when it comes to cannabis because one of the potential side effects is increased levels of anxiety and paranoia. I'd post a link for you here but I seem to recall it isn't allowed in public discussions. However, if you type 'talk to frank' in a Google search you should find a site which can give you more information than I can.

You've obviously managed to overcome your nervousness to post your question here so well done for doing that. You may find it helps to keep chatting to people on this site as everyone is very friendly, supportive and kind despite their own suffering.

HTH & Take care

John.

Return to “Your Story”