I've been friendless over 10yrs

Shared experiences of life, and the path that has led you to where you are.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, Astrid

Shatteredreams

I've been friendless over 10yrs

Postby Shatteredreams » Tue Nov 25, 2008 10:51 pm

It's been over 10yrs and I still have no friends. My last friends betrayed me I've been feeling so depressed ever since. I get real bitter whenever I see a group of friends laughing & talking :x so I go elsewhere to be by myself. I don't know how to make new friends. I'm not very good at making conversation :? & I hate going places by myself. I don't know if I can go on like this, I don't know what to do anymore.. I'm afraid that I'll be so lonely & myserable that I'll be desperate enough to put myself out of my mysery.. :cry:

Emotional_77

Postby Emotional_77 » Wed Nov 26, 2008 2:00 pm

hey i'll be here as a friend if you ever need me, i know how it is that way. I do have people I hang out with from time to time but in all I dont really have any friends.

Shatteredreams

Postby Shatteredreams » Wed Nov 26, 2008 10:38 pm

Emotional_77 wrote:hey i'll be here as a friend if you ever need me, i know how it is that way. I do have people I hang out with from time to time but in all I dont really have any friends.
If U don't mind me asking, How old R U? & What gender R U? b/c it doesn't say on your profile.

Emotional_77

Postby Emotional_77 » Thu Nov 27, 2008 1:29 pm

female, soon to be 21.

Shatteredreams

Postby Shatteredreams » Thu Nov 27, 2008 2:31 pm

Emotional_77 wrote:female, soon to be 21.
:) Oh cool. I'm also a female but I'm 41 hope u don't mind. I prefer female pals to chat with then males anyway, besides I already have a bf. Sorry guys..:(

Emotional_77

Postby Emotional_77 » Thu Nov 27, 2008 6:31 pm

no thats fine, I don't mind.
At least you have your boyfriend? And you said you were friendless. lol

Shatteredreams

Postby Shatteredreams » Fri Nov 28, 2008 12:26 pm

I'm feeling very depressed right now, I'm a very lonely person. I don't know if I can go on like this.. I got no other responses it shows that no1 really cares. :cry:
Last edited by Shatteredreams on Sun Nov 30, 2008 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Emotional_77

Postby Emotional_77 » Fri Nov 28, 2008 2:52 pm

no no, thats not it at all. not very many people use the forums that is why you got few responses. If you mentioned it on chat everyone would be responding to you.

SoulInDespair

Postby SoulInDespair » Fri Nov 28, 2008 8:54 pm

Yeah, the forum here isn't very active. That's why I'm not here much anymore. Chatrooms to me are real scary and I get panic attacks there.

I know what you mean about not having any friends. My last Real Life friend was in 2003. I recently lost a online friend right before Thankgivings Day. She came to say 'goodbye' and she was gone and I had no way of reaching her. So I'm very sad and lonely tonight too.

I have the same problem as you about making friends. It's very difficult. I hate conversations. It takes so much energy to carry on one. I've been betrayed many times by real life friends and online friends. So I know how that can make you bitter. I also know how it feels to be lonely and so miserable that you want to put yourself out of your misery. You're not alone in that feeling. I feel that way right now. But don't do anything rash. If you do you can't take it back and you won't ever know if tomorrow or next day won't be better.

I'm jeolous that you got a boyfriend. I don't even have that or even a family. I'm not married or have any kids and I don't have a relationship with my family. So I'm totally alone in the world.

I'm fifty-one year old female. You and I probably grew up the same stuff as kids. So you can PM me if you like.

Edited: I love how the date stamp on this post shows after 4am on Saturday when it is actually 8pm on Friday. LOL

Emotional_77

Postby Emotional_77 » Sat Nov 29, 2008 2:44 pm

SoulInDespair wrote:Edited: I love how the date stamp on this post shows after 4am on Saturday when it is actually 8pm on Friday. LOL

((((((((((((((SoulInDespair))))))))))))))))) Thats from your other words..

now from the quote - depends on what you set your time zone at.. mines all messed up too though. lol

SoulInDespair

Postby SoulInDespair » Sat Nov 29, 2008 9:13 pm

Emotional_77 wrote:
SoulInDespair wrote:Edited: I love how the date stamp on this post shows after 4am on Saturday when it is actually 8pm on Friday. LOL

((((((((((((((SoulInDespair))))))))))))))))) Thats from your other words..

now from the quote - depends on what you set your time zone at.. mines all messed up too though. lol

I probably don't have it set right. LOL

How are you doing Shatteredreams? Haven't heard back from you so wondering if you're doing okay.

Shatteredreams

Postby Shatteredreams » Sun Dec 07, 2008 9:25 pm

:cry: I don't know if I can go on like this any longer. I can't eat, sleep, I cry all the time. I'm a very lonely depressed person. I'm afraid I may do something tragic. I don't what to do anymore.. :cry:

SoulInDespair

Postby SoulInDespair » Mon Dec 08, 2008 9:07 am

Shatteredreams wrote::cry: I don't know if I can go on like this any longer. I can't eat, sleep, I cry all the time. I'm a very lonely depressed person. I'm afraid I may do something tragic. I don't what to do anymore.. :cry:

Honey, please don't do anything you'll regret later. I know it's hard right now but I'm a very lonely, depressed person too. I haven't had a decent friend since 2003. Right now, I'm unemployed and I just found out friday that because of my depression and OCD I've blew away all my money and got an overdraft. I was able to scare up some money but that'll only last till the end of this month. I'm suicidual right now. Not having money scares me. Working with people scares me. So I'm not ready to go back into the lions den called work yet but I must. I don't have a choice. Oh, I could be rash and kill myself but I don't think that'll solve anything.

I belong to another depression forum and I had a lady respond to my post about being unemployed and penniless and she's worst off then me. She was fired and is about to loose her home and possibly her only reason for living right now and that's her horse. She's been using her credit card to pay bills and she in debt up to her ears.

As depressed and suicidual as I feel I think I'm going to try and hold on for awhile longer and see if things get better. If I hold on, do you think you can too? PM me if you like. We can hold on together.

Beenthere

Postby Beenthere » Sat Dec 13, 2008 11:21 am

To: Shatterddreams / Soulindespair / Emotional77
I have just read the Shattereddreams posting and all of the subsequent postings to it. Each of you sound very kind and supportive of each other and I'm gald you are conversing in this forum. These forums and are a great place to realize that Depression, OCD and Anxiety are real, hurtful and sometimes debilitating. Please keep supporting each other and realize none of you are alone.

Shattereddreams you talk about being bitter about seeing groups of people having a good time. That is a symptom of depression and it's okay that you feel like right now because you appear you may be suffering from some sort of depression. Please don't feel guilty or beat yourself up about those feelings of bitterness. However, now that you know this symptom of depression it's important not to feed the negativity as it's a road that leads to no where. Look, depression is like putting on a pair of dark green sun glasses. It shades the world you see into a different view and it's only one color that appears dark. Sometimes we think we are alone in this view and begin to isolate ourselves from the world and are not able to accomplish tasks or live life like we used to. There is no more joy or fun and we are left wondering what is happening to us. Left unchecked we eventually, by human nature, begin to feel hopeless and alone, bitter and unresponsive to life's opportunities. I have heard some of this language in your posting and various responses and would like to propose some ideas that may help. I hope you find this information helpful and non-judgemental as I wish only the best for you. I offered some of this advice to another contact on this forum today.

1. Admit you might be suffering from depression and seek professional help. When our cars break, we take them to the mechanic. When pipes in our homes leak, we call a plumber. However, we are not as quick to call for help when we don't feel well emotionally. The best thing you can do TODAY is start looking for a licensed professional therapist to help uncover what is happening. Find someone that specializes in OCD, Anxiety and depression and has been in the business for a long while. Don't find someone that just prescribes meds and that's as far as the therapy goes. Look for good analysis and meds if necessary to give you a boost in the process for however long is required.

2. Start learning about what is happening to you. Use natural curiosity to ask yourself "what the heck is going on and why? Why do I feel this way? Why do I feel alone when I'm not? Why am I tired, lack energy, can't seem to make friends anymore" etc. etc. The fact that you are on a depression forum is a fantastic start. I also suggest reading Sensible Self-Help by David Grudermeyer, Ph.D.; Rebecca Grudermeyer. This book is a good indicator that can help you define just where your at in the road map of life/depression so you can start your own plan to figure out what's going on. Remember when you were happy as a child? It can be that way again.

3. Realize you can win your life back! Anxiety and depression can be beat. In most cases totally and in the worst cases it can be controlled with proper therapy and you can experience joy and wonder in your life again.

4. Remember each minute of the day "You do not have to feel alone".

5. Exercise. No matter how hard it is just to get out of bed or find the slightest bit of motivation, get out and exercise for 30 minutes a day(or more if possible). I can't stress enough how important this step is. It will help your body naturally fight off some of the negative chemical situations created by depression. Also a good byproduct of doing this is you feel better from the after effects of exercise and it helps the self esteem as the body will naturally get back into shape.

6. When you feel you are ready, volunteer your time and talents to the less fortunate via some sort of church or charity. It can help you to know that your helping others. It's always nice to forget about how sad you may feel by making someone else's day brighter. It's also good to know that no matter how bad we feel about our own individual lives there are others that have it worse than we do and are suffering too.

Based on the level of strong language of how unhappy you were feeling in your posting, I can't stress enough that you should move quickly (starting TODAY). Learn as much as you can about depression/OCD and Anxiety because it is a sly cunning devil of a disease. It's main goal is to disorient you and distract you from the good things in life and once your distracted that's when it decides to do it's most damage which is to take away hope. The truth is it's an illusion. You are never alone and there is always help to overcome your feelings of isolation. You have to work at this though. Claim your territory (your life) today and don't let depression and anxiety rob one more minute of your life. Once you beat depression/OCD/anxiety you will look back on this time of your life with great relief and smile at your accomplishments and decision to persevere. I wish you the very best!!
My best wishes to each of you.

SoulInDespair

Postby SoulInDespair » Sat Dec 13, 2008 9:28 pm

(((BeenThere)))

Thank you, for that warm and enlightening post. You've made some excellent, helpful points and your encouragement is well appreciated.

Welcome To DU! :)

Return to “Your Story”