The American dream?

Shared experiences of life, and the path that has led you to where you are.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

Steeze

The American dream?

Postby Steeze » Fri Oct 27, 2017 3:50 am

I've never had problems, I wouldn't consider myself depressed but at the same token I wouldn't consider myself happy. So far I'm living the American dream single 21 year old male with a loving family a great job no financial issues awesome friends etc etc.. if you seen me on the street you'd think I was normal and living life to the fullest every day. Oh you'd be far from correct, in fact I come home from work and sit in my bed and don't eat dinner because I'm so sick to my stomach most the time. I over think things a lot which result in me just feeling like there is no one to turn to.. I never had this problem in school, yea I was socially awkward but I was still friends with tons of people, partied with popular kids, sat with the band kids at lunch. I was fine in highschool, recently tho I can't find happiness. I've tried so many times. Nothing I buy makes me happy, I talk to a few girls but then I feel like shit cause ultimately I'm just leading them on because I'm trying to find happiness in them.. I've done this to a lot and I believe the guilt is finally catching up to me, or this is my karma. But I'd never think that'd I'd be writing anything on a depression forum.. I'm constantly stuck in my own head, I can't seem to break free of this hold that my mind has over me. I didn't know where else to let this all out and I apologize if it seems like I'm rambling, it's 3am and I've had my first ever break down. I just don't know what to do, this isn't the American dream I wanna continue in.

Gomez1972

Re: The American dream?

Postby Gomez1972 » Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:41 pm

First off,

You are entitled to feel this way, and nobody should ever invalidate your feelings, no matter how "well off" other people deem you are. fyi you are not rambling, and it seems like you are a genuine person as you recognize your faults and feel remorse so to speak. I am not 21 anymore, but i remember when i was and it was very difficult as I wasn't prepared for the world at all. Please cut yourself some slack. I highly doubt you are a bad person, and you are still young and it will probably take time to find a good person to be with. please take the time to recognize and embrace that accomplishments that you have made.

I am here if you need to talk,

Dana

Return to “Your Story”