How do I learn to accept the things that I have no power to change?

Shared experiences of life, and the path that has led you to where you are.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

jones

How do I learn to accept the things that I have no power to change?

Postby jones » Sun Aug 27, 2017 4:38 pm

I know I would be happier if I didn't want so much. I want a loving partner and a family, I want to be successful at work that I love, I want health, I want my mom to be taken care of, I want my siblings to be successful and happy. I want poisonous people to stay out of my life.

For a long time, I thought you just had to work really hard to get what you wanted. Don't give up, I said. So I had single-minded focus and determination. To some extent, I'm still largely this way. But the truth is, some things you can't influence no matter how hard you try.

How does one accept the things they cannot change?

Gomez1972

Re: How do I learn to accept the things that I have no power to change?

Postby Gomez1972 » Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:02 pm

You just do it. Its an action, not a thought. You remind yourself everyday that this is something that you have no control over, and it sucks being vulnerable, but that is what makes us human. I don't like being vulnerable, but again you will probably be content once this happens. It sucks, but it has to be done or you will be in a bad way if not already.

Raemay45

Postby Raemay45 » Sat Nov 04, 2017 2:06 pm

Gomez1972 wrote:You just do it. Its an action, not a thought. You remind yourself everyday that this is something that you have no control over, and it sucks being vulnerable, but that is what makes us human. I don't like being vulnerable, but again you will probably be content once this happens. It sucks, but it has to be done or you will be in a bad way if not already.

I can so relate in changing what you cant change. In other words you have personal issue cant describe freely on here i dont blame you just relate.

Raemay45

Postby Raemay45 » Sat Nov 04, 2017 2:08 pm

Need more information on what is it you cant change? To be able to give you feedback.

Return to “Your Story”