Just thoughts

Shared experiences of life, and the path that has led you to where you are.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

SaltySeaUnicorn

Just thoughts

Postby SaltySeaUnicorn » Sat Aug 05, 2017 9:21 pm

Things have been hard lately in my personal life. Really very lonely. And work has been incredibly stressful. For someone like me who has anxiety, when I feel like I can't accomplish everything I need to in a day, I'm just immobilized with dread.

SO lately, I've been having these thoughts. I want to say up front that I'm not suicidal because I'd never act on them. But a few times a day, my brain keeps flashing to thoughts of slicing open my wrists - the long way, to make it happen fast. Or slicing open my arms, horizontally on my biceps. I know I have some pretty thick veins there. But it's like every time something bad happens, my brain tells me, "well you could just cut here... or here..."

Why is this happening? Does anyone else have this happen to them? Am I suicidal or what?

Thanks,
Salty

littlestarsmum

Re: Just thoughts

Postby littlestarsmum » Mon Aug 07, 2017 12:15 am

Welcome to this forum, friend. I’m so sorry you’re feeling that way. Please know that you’re not alone. Life can be stressful, and self-harming will always result in even greater hurt. What’s triggering you to those thoughts or feeling? Have you tried talking about this to a therapist/counselor? A caring professional would be in an excellent position to offer assistance. I just said a prayer for you, and I hope that God will surround you with His comfort and peace. Remember that you deserve to feel better. You can always share your heart out here and you don’t need to carry your burdens alone. Hugs!

Rose58

Re: Just thoughts

Postby Rose58 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 3:27 pm

SaltySeaUnicorn wrote:Things have been hard lately in my personal life. Really very lonely. And work has been incredibly stressful. For someone like me who has anxiety, when I feel like I can't accomplish everything I need to in a day, I'm just immobilized with dread.

SO lately, I've been having these thoughts. I want to say up front that I'm not suicidal because I'd never act on them. But a few times a day, my brain keeps flashing to thoughts of slicing open my wrists - the long way, to make it happen fast. Or slicing open my arms, horizontally on my biceps. I know I have some pretty thick veins there. But it's like every time something bad happens, my brain tells me, "well you could just cut here... or here..."

Why is this happening? Does anyone else have this happen to them? Am I suicidal or what?

Thanks,
Salty
SaltySeaUnicorn wrote:s

I am sorry that your feeling this way. I have felt this way when I was much younger. I felt I was hopeless. Here are some things that I discovered. Perspective means a lot. I don't know much about your situation but I know that you need to be determined not to entertain these thoughts for even a second. Put together a plan of action. From experience, I can tell you that getting outside will make a huge difference. Exercise and sun shine are vital to our well being.Get out and take at least a short walk a few times a week. Stay hydrated. Keeping a journal. Make good changes in your day to day life. Don't be hard on yourself. Sometimes we just can't get it all done. Maybe it's time to look for a more satisfying job. Getting enough sleep is very important. Last but not least, getting into a support group can be extremely helpful because you can see that your not the only one who is going through hard things. Being able to talk is very therapeutic. Do you have a hobby? Find a group of people who have the same interests you do. You made a great move by posting your thoughts here. There are people who really care. I know I do. Know this! You are extremely valuable and precious. The world needs you. You are not like anyone else on this planet. I absolutely believe in a loving God and that he cares for you deeply. When I realized that I was loved so much it turned my life around. Is life still hard sometimes? Yes, but I know I'm not alone and I find great strength in his care. (((HUGS)))

Return to “Your Story”