Depressed

Shared experiences of life, and the path that has led you to where you are.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

Rhea331

Depressed

Postby Rhea331 » Sun Jul 02, 2017 11:50 am

Hi all. I am new to this website and just want to let my thoughts out. I have always been a depressed soul but have only begin to realize that it 's a condition with me. It's a disease that I am suffering from and there seems to be no escape. I am an introvert and don't have many friends. In fact, I don't take time out to meet friends. Most of the days, I M lonely and depressed. I have a husband but no kids. We have been trying for two years without success. So many times, this feeling of utter helplessness takes over me and all I want to do is to stop existing. Many a times I find myself fantasising about my death. And had it not been for my husband and family, I would have ended my life long back. There is this deep pain within me which is my constant companion. There are so many thoughts in my head - all frustrated and painful. I just want it all to end. I hate the way I am. Always sad and depressed. I hate my life. Wish I could simply die. I wonder if I am making any sense here. If any one can relate to this, please let me know.

Useless-NoName

Re: Depressed

Postby Useless-NoName » Mon Jul 03, 2017 6:57 pm

Hello,

How are you?? (thought i should ask) I can relate on your situation a little.My life sucks. ITs like i was created to suffer and nothing more. My bf doesn't understand and my family doesn't know that I daydream about my death. Every where I go I see ways that I could kill myself and its not like I m trying to..it happens on its own. I have several ways to die but can't muster up to do it because of my niece. My little niece makes me feel soo good when Im around her because I know she looks up to me. I do want kids of my own but i don't believe my bf is up for that right now. Good Luck to you on getting pregnant.

littlestarsmum

Postby littlestarsmum » Mon Jul 03, 2017 11:27 pm

Welcome to this forum, girl. I’m so sorry to hear about your struggles. I wish I could give you a hug. I know it’s not easy to go through depression. It’s a very complex issue that deserves personal and in-depth attention. Putting an end to your life will never solve your problems. Are you seeing a therapist? I’d suggest you consider talking to a caring professional. Have you tried contacting the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline? They operate toll-free, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Just call 1-800-273-TALK (8255). It might be worth giving them a call. I just said a prayer for you, and I hope that God will surround you with His comfort and provide the strength and help you need at this time. Remember that you deserve to feel better and you don’t need to carry your burdens alone. You can always share your heart out and I’m here to support you. Hugs!

Rhea331

Postby Rhea331 » Tue Jul 04, 2017 12:09 pm

Useless-NoName wrote:Hello,

How are you?? (thought i should ask) I can relate on your situation a little.My life sucks. ITs like i was created to suffer and nothing more. My bf doesn't understand and my family doesn't know that I daydream about my death. Every where I go I see ways that I could kill myself and its not like I m trying to..it happens on its own. I have several ways to die but can't muster up to do it because of my niece. My little niece makes me feel soo good when Im around her because I know she looks up to me. I do want kids of my own but i don't believe my bf is up for that right now. Good Luck to you on getting pregnant.

I am better today, thanks for asking. It's a relief to know that you can relate to this a little n that I am not d only person in the world wanting to die so badly. My family too doesn't know that I am suffering. At times I feel sorry for my husband. He definitely deserves someone better than me. He's a great guy. He shouldn't have to put up with someone who is always tired and depressed. One bad day in office ( which is almost every day as I am over sensitive to things around me) and I ruin his day too. I obsess over silliest of things and relive every bad experience to the point of madness. Anyway, thanks for your concern. It feels good to express my thoughts openly knowing that there are people who can understand.

Rhea331

Postby Rhea331 » Tue Jul 04, 2017 12:56 pm

littlestarsmum wrote:Welcome to this forum, girl. I’m so sorry to hear about your struggles. I wish I could give you a hug. I know it’s not easy to go through depression. It’s a very complex issue that deserves personal and in-depth attention. Putting an end to your life will never solve your problems. Are you seeing a therapist? I’d suggest you consider talking to a caring professional. Have you tried contacting the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline? They operate toll-free, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Just call 1-800-273-TALK (8255). It might be worth giving them a call. I just said a prayer for you, and I hope that God will surround you with His comfort and provide the strength and help you need at this time. Remember that you deserve to feel better and you don’t need to carry your burdens alone. You can always share your heart out and I’m here to support you. Hugs!

Hi. I went to see a therapist once. Didn't find it helpful. I am a very private person n it's very hard for me to talk about my troubles. So that one time I just stuck to superficial things and couldn't explain how badly I was suffering. I know that ending my life won't solve my problems. I also know I won't ever do it as it will cause my husband and my family great pain. It's just that I want my mind to stop obsessing all d time. Most nights I stay up late reliving all d hurt and pain that life has caused me. I hate waking up in mornings and generally wake up sad and depressed. I've tried meditation but it hasn't helped much. Anyway, thanks for your love and support. I kinda feel spent after letting my thoughts out on this forum which is a good thing. Feels nice to know that people here understand my condition and don't dismiss it as "just a phase". Thanks again for all the encouragement.

Suzi

Postby Suzi » Tue Jul 25, 2017 1:21 pm

How are you doing? I just saw your post and wanted to send you a note of encouragement. I am sorry you are in such pain. Since you don't like talking to people have you tried self help books. I have suffered from anxiety and depression but have never been to a therapist. Instead I have read book and worked on myself at home. It has helped immensely. If you're open to this try Change Your Brain, Change Your Life by Daniel G. Amen M.D., or Rethink How You Think by Dr. David Stoop, or Healing is a Choice by Stephen Arterburn, or Dark Clouds Silver Linings by Dr. Archibald Hart. Praying you find some happiness and joy in life.

ninasarai

Postby ninasarai » Fri Jul 28, 2017 5:35 pm

Rhea331 wrote:Hi all. I am new to this website and just want to let my thoughts out. I have always been a depressed soul but have only begin to realize that it 's a condition with me. It's a disease that I am suffering from and there seems to be no escape. I am an introvert and don't have many friends. In fact, I don't take time out to meet friends. Most of the days, I M lonely and depressed. I have a husband but no kids. We have been trying for two years without success. So many times, this feeling of utter helplessness takes over me and all I want to do is to stop existing. Many a times I find myself fantasising about my death. And had it not been for my husband and family, I would have ended my life long back. There is this deep pain within me which is my constant companion. There are so many thoughts in my head - all frustrated and painful. I just want it all to end. I hate the way I am. Always sad and depressed. I hate my life. Wish I could simply die. I wonder if I am making any sense here. If any one can relate to this, please let me know.

Hi :) , may I ask the reasoning for your depression ? Please PM me if you don't feel comfortable posting details , I only want to help :/ Hope to hear from you soon <3

timothynperry

Postby timothynperry » Mon Jul 31, 2017 4:36 pm

I am bigger today, acknowledgment for asking. It's a abatement to apperceive that you can chronicle to this a little n that I am not d alone being in the apple absent to die so badly. My ancestors too doesn't apperceive that I am suffering. At times I feel apologetic for my husband. He absolutely deserves anyone bigger than me. He's a abundant guy. He shouldn't accept to put up with anyone who is consistently annoyed and depressed. One bad day in appointment ( which is about every day as I am over acute to things about me) and I ruin his day too. I captivate over silliest of things and bethink every bad acquaintance to the point of madness. Anyway, acknowledgment for your concern. It feels acceptable to accurate my thoughts aboveboard alive that there are humans who can understand.

Return to “Your Story”