I feel so alone...I wanna feel connected with people who could understand

Shared experiences of life, and the path that has led you to where you are.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

terryymf

I feel so alone...I wanna feel connected with people who could understand

Postby terryymf » Fri Jun 16, 2017 1:58 am

Hello everyone,

I'm new to this forum. I have treatment resistant depression and general anxiety disorder for 17 years. I have been on medications ever since. Apart from medications, I've tried different types of therapy including counselling. And I've started counselling again recently hoping to get better and having someone who could understand to talk to.

I feel so lonely and hopeless that I still don't function well enough though I have been trying my very best. Sometimes, I couldn't help thinking it's all about me being "lazy", "weak" and "worthless". I'm quite introvert so I don't have many friends whom I can share my feelings. More importantly, they don't have emotions disorder, so I don't feel comfortable to share my symptoms with them.

Could anyone share your story? I really hope to connect with people who could understand

Amyn73

Re: I feel so alone...I wanna feel connected with people who could understand

Postby Amyn73 » Fri Jun 16, 2017 4:39 pm

Hi,
My story is like yours. Nothing much in the form of meds or counseling has helped. Had clinical depression with possible mood disorder for over 25 years. I've tried everything I could think of. Exercise helped the most. I need to get back to that. I just want you to know that you aren't alone. I feel what you've described. I'm an introvert, too. Sometimes socializing is like torture. The sad thing is that the world moves along, quite nicely, with or without us interacting in it. I sometimes wish I could hide away but that doesn't help either. I don't have any solid answers but you are not alone. You are not worthless. You are not lazy. Depression lies to us and tells us these things. We are worthy of love, we work hard to function, so much harder than most who don't have this burden. I hope this helps and I wish you well.
To brighter days,
Amy

terryymf

Re: I feel so alone...I wanna feel connected with people who could understand

Postby terryymf » Sat Jun 17, 2017 1:06 am

Hi Amy,

Thanks so much for your reply. It means a lot to me. From your reply, I could tell you understand what I feel and the burden I have. Thanks for reminding me that I am not worthless nor alone. "we work hard to function, much harder than most who don't have this burden" is a good reminder and encouragement too, as I always wonder if I work hard enough to get better and blame myself for not doing so.

Again thanks for your reply.

Best wishes to you!

Terry

Return to “Your Story”