I feel like giving up

Shared experiences of life, and the path that has led you to where you are.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

Lyndsay2298

I feel like giving up

Postby Lyndsay2298 » Sun May 21, 2017 12:25 pm

Ive never been on one of these sites but I'm just at the complete point of giving up, I feel lost,sad, hurt and the most confusing part about it all is that I don't have a specific reason. I just don't see the light at the end of the tunnel. I feel no matter what I do I just never do anything right or can't please anyone. Being diagnosed with anxiety and depression at 5 years old and now being 20 ( 15 years of therapy) and no medication or talk therapy can help me. Everybody pushes to try more and more doctors but I've come to conclusion nobody can help me. I just want to wake up and feel happy and accepted for one day. I feel like I'm just here on earth and not living, if that makes sense. I just never feel happy and I feel like I'm just going through the motions. I don't know if it will ever get better. If anyone out there has gone through this please share your solutions or something. It doesn't make it easy when you don't have anyone who understands and just thinks depression and anxiety is all over reactions... thanks

MickD

Re: I feel like giving up

Postby MickD » Sun May 21, 2017 3:59 pm

Hello welcome here and thanks for reaching out!

I cant offer you much in the solutions department as i havent yet figured out my own battles, but talking and saying it out loud and having people listen has helped me a lot. I couldnt talk to friends and family as they dont really understand but people online seem to, even if theyre just lending a ear it helps me and its only very recently ive found this out. Feel free to talk about anything thats upsetting your day.

MickD

Postby MickD » Sun May 21, 2017 4:03 pm

and knowing youre not alone.

littlestarsmum

Postby littlestarsmum » Mon May 22, 2017 1:02 am

I’m so sorry to hear what you’re going through. Your post brought tears to my eyes, and wish I could give you a hug. While I don’t have any advice, I just said a prayer for you, and I hope that God will surround you with His comfort and peace, and provide the strength and help you need at this time. Please know that your life is precious and you don’t need to carry your burdens alone. You can share your heart out and I’m here to support you. Stay strong, friend. Sending hugs & prayers your way!

Helloraspberries1

Postby Helloraspberries1 » Tue May 23, 2017 2:20 pm

I think you did the right thing by talking to us. You have made that step. That's what's important right now.

You already did something right. We all think about the worse things what can happen. I do alot of the time but it's been realizing myself what over people see me as.

I don't know if you are like me but I sometimes think what people are thinking about me. I then try to explore it to get the answer but I use that as an realistic approach towards doing. I look at the positives and negatives and see which one is more genuine and what one isn't.

Writng is really good for putting your feelings flan somewhere. You might wanna invite in a diary. That can with what your going through right now.

Also maybe other things too. What you use to do as a kid and what she you happy.

It's the precious moments what count

hobo clown

Postby hobo clown » Fri May 26, 2017 11:41 pm

I am frequently in the same situation as you. You said something that connected with me, you wished that you could wake up oneway and feel accepted. I have always felt like the odd man out whenever I was with my friends. I expressed feeling to someone who was very dear to me and he told me that he and all of my friends felt that I was and integral part of our circle of friends. I was the only one who felt that I didn't belong or wasn't accepted. This did not change how I felt but it reminded me that my sickness can lead me to see things incorrectly.

You are an important and valuable person. I wish that you could find something that could help you with you illness.

Hobo

xenon11

Re: here is your solution to depression.

Postby xenon11 » Sat May 27, 2017 7:13 am

Hello a new and best quality iboga rootbark has been discovered in the Congo from old trees harvested in the best environmental way.
Be the first to journey in the spirit with this sacrament.
As a member of the Bwiti community, I have more than 15 years experience working with the wood.And can ship to most parts of the world.
We offer 10kg + 1 to 2kg of Bonus wood FREE.
For more info, please write via email;[email protected]
NOTE; Ask questions and I will answer. I am in your service, for your health is our priority and also iboga rootbarks can detoxify your system from any addiction be it heroine,cocaine,alcohol,cigarette,marijuana,games,gambling,depression and sexual addictions. Experience the magic with the sacramental plant IBOGA.
Iboga will redeem you and remember you are not alone. So I tell you I was once in this very state of your but this detox helped relieved me of my pain and anger for I was so confused just as you are. From then I decided that I was going to be of help to those passing through this state. So for more information just contact me with the above e-mail address thanks.

sunnysidedown89

Postby sunnysidedown89 » Wed May 31, 2017 8:20 pm

I feel like this too. I don't feel like this all the time. It's not every day. But it's frequent. It's chronic. I've been feeling like this since grade school.
Remember Hamlet- whether tis nobler in the mind to suffer...
In my head I was like NO tisn't!

But I keep going anyway. Hope springs eternal. One of my friends had some genetic analysis done or something and they found that she actually is deficient in serotonin receptors. So, even with SSRIs, she doesn't have an adequate amount of receptors to feel good. Maybe you're in the same boat?

But I'm glad you shared. I'm comforted to know I'm not the only one. And Hobo Clown, me too. I always feel left out of my friends' group. I feel overrun, interrupted and then I never get so say my piece and everyone just moves happily with the stream of conversation, and I feel like I got dumped out of the boat.

I don't know what to do about that. It just makes me feel isolated and resentful.

Von

Postby Von » Thu Jun 01, 2017 4:44 pm

A lot of what you said I have felt. It's horrible just feeling rubbish- also feeling like everyone just thinks you are over reacting or just looking for attention

Right now I'm having a down bit in my life - last year I was an in patient. It took a long time but every now and again I get theses genuine moments where I really feel something. It's rubbish most of the time but I just live for the wee moments

Try and do something where you don't think about it- just live for the moment. Something crazy - I'm going paragliding or something that you can't help but laugh at.

Return to “Your Story”