My Story

Shared experiences of life, and the path that has led you to where you are.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

Melieke

My Story

Postby Melieke » Sun Mar 12, 2017 5:49 am

Hello,

My Story is:

I had suicidal thoughts since i was six years old. Now it is chronical. I also suffered from my first depression in my childhood. I chose to become an occupational therapist. When I became 24 (i was pregnant than) i first visited a social worker to get counselling. Many therapists, doctors and a psychtherapy in a hospital followed. I tried medication also.
I alredy worked in three different workplaces as an OT.
My daughter is now six years old and at her fathers most of the time. I am unemployed for 10 month now. Longest time in my life.
I us

Now I am 30.
So far,
Thanks for reading my story

Helloraspberries1

Re: My Story

Postby Helloraspberries1 » Sun Mar 12, 2017 4:19 pm

Hi Melieke, welcome to the forums.

I'm so glad you have shared your story. What you have gained out of this a lovely daughter so you must be grateful what she's over come with you.

You said you worked as a Occupational Therapist before. How come you don't it anymore? Could you go back into that? Maybe that's an idea for you.

I know it get lonely at home and it's always good to keep busy. I'm not sure what you do most of the day but trying to go out everyday is something. Do you have anything you like doing? Do you like going cinema?

Seeing your daughter again might give you the opportunity to do those things. Is that something you can do?

In mean time take care of yourself and please keep reaching for the help you need.

Hugs x

chirantan

Re: My Story

Postby chirantan » Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:17 pm

I really feel for you. Though I am not in the same boat as you are. But atleast you have fought back all those evils.There are many who can't do so.

Return to “Your Story”