Feeling lonely right now

Shared experiences of life, and the path that has led you to where you are.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

Helloraspberries1

Feeling lonely right now

Postby Helloraspberries1 » Sun Mar 05, 2017 12:32 pm

Hi and thanks for reading this.

I have never had friends since I first started school. I was straight away shy and in confident. I was usually see people hanging around each other and having a laugh.

Then when I left school life became more difficult for me. I wasn't in a routine anymore, I lost my only best friend, I hated the new environment being in which was College and I was going through sad episodes.

It was till my mum said you need help and take me to see someone that I realised I had phycosis and it was a traffic thing hearing it. I wasn't myself, I kept lashing out at everyone. I nearly got sectioned at one point. I wasn't well at all.

Since then I undergone work with the mental health team and suddenly started to feel a bit Kore relaxed in myself. It took three years to get where I am today. I am 24 and it started when I was 16 but my treatment started when I was around an early adult.

I started to feel life became easier but I still had the problems I'm still going through now. Then after I got discharged from the team and was able to now just go and see doctor if I needed further help. I was starting to think about what I wanted to do in terms work and education.

I was in education first going to training courses then started looking for work which really hit off after I was at the stage of applying for jobs but not getting anywhere and it was thanks to this place who helped those find employment but also gain confidence in themselves that things were really looking up for me and in terms of work I managed to get a few interviews, then jobs then interviews and jobs etc. I knew then that the reason my jobs didn't last was because I had anxiety I found out then and depression.

So it started again and again until finally I was back on my feet and able to stick at a job. I finally got a paid job but again didn't last long due to reasons what were out of my control so was thinking they're obviously something up with me.

It's only till now that I've been still carrying looking for jobs that my confidence has grown, I'm talking to more people and my interviews have got better that it was a case of it was the job itself what right suit and not myself.

I recently gained employment but unfortunately due to hours I couldn't carry on but now I have jobs wanting me for interviews, employment agencies calling me about about my availability. Again it's a slow process and still further but not but I know as I got experience now from other work I did and education qualifications that I am able to feel more confident in myself to see a positive future.

Right now I'm still looking for work with another job and looking to start a hobby with a support group.

I just wanted to know if anyone's been here and also what do you expect when you attend a support group? How do you have to be confident? I'm saying this cuz I've never joined one before because I was looking at another site in my area about local meet ups and I'm nerves whether it will go wrong.

Just remember your not on your own and anyone can get there and it may not feel right now you are but you will. You got to not give up. I didn't. That's why I'm here.

Please don't give up.

Thank you for reading this x

TerriK

Re: Feeling lonely right now

Postby TerriK » Sun Mar 05, 2017 12:59 pm

Seems like I keep relating to your posts. I feel like you are me when I was younger. Lol. I always had terrific jobs my whole life. When I went through a divorce after 17 years of marriage my world crashed. I was diagnosed Bipolar Disease 1. It began to come together. I struggled from there forward. I would get great paying, good jobs (we're talking management!) but I couldn't keep them. I'd last an average 4-5 years and I'd lose it. My depressive episodes would take over at times and eventually, they needed a manager that's there. I understand what you're going through. What I realized was that I needed to find a job I really wanted. One I had an interest in for what it gave me satisfaction wise and not the money. Money brought stress. I needed a simple task that inspired me. I work part time now at Shriners Hospital. The kids inspire me. I look at them and I want to help! No one yelling at me to be more productive or expectations too high. Also, the mental health group I was in helped me get the job. They know I am bipolar and after one year I qualified for protection under the disabled employees act.

Find something that provides joy, that is at the pace you need and let that group help you.

Smile! You've got the whole world open to you.

Helloraspberries1

Re: Feeling lonely right now

Postby Helloraspberries1 » Sun Mar 05, 2017 1:31 pm

Thank you so much for your reply. Yeah I totally agree with everything you said.

Yeah I saw post on other forums and then mind so we are kind of alike in so many ways lol. Are you new here

I'm sorry to hear about your situation. I'm glad you made progress since. It isn't easy and you know it isn't and it's good you understand. I thought I was on my own here lol.

Sounds like the support team gave you alot if support. It was like with me too where I under supervision for three years and gradually got better due to having one and one support. Some people miss this kind of support. At that time they weren't cutting funding. Seems like now they are but I do believe there is still alot if support out there. You can't give up and glad you didn't :)

What do you do in your spare time? You say you work at hospital? I'm glad you got a job what gives you the motivation to give back to people. Those kind of jobs are worth the long term.

Yeah I am looking to start in a support group but don't know what to expect. I'm nerves. Also joined a meet up group online. Do you think I should think about going to there meet ups groups too or wait until I see what this group I'm attending is like? They have got some good classes. One is Art and I like Art also one about mental health. Also suppose to be going on a Customer Service and Interview Course soon. Waiting to hear back. Also had interviews all this week with jobs. Got one interview tomorrow for a pub also starting an induction with another I think this week coming.

I tried not to give up and I haven't. It's good to keep persisting no matter what.

Return to “Your Story”