Life Drifting By

Shared experiences of life, and the path that has led you to where you are.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

BaileeBlair

Life Drifting By

Postby BaileeBlair » Fri Feb 24, 2017 12:04 am

I think I'm pretty different from all the usual depression stories that you see here. The only difference, I feel in my instance, is that I'm actually a pretty high functioning depressed person.. I get up in the morning, I go to work, come home and typically keep myself occupied for hours on end given that I was diagnosed with chronic insomnia when I was 11 and still struggle with it. Do you know how mind loosing it is to be wide awake for a straight 48 and still be disturbingly wide awake? Given the amount of lack of sleep I get, my doctors have told me that my life expectancy is roughly age 50, I'm 22 now. I really don't have any friends, haven't had a boyfriend or anything along the lines in over three years and now I just feel like my life is just sort of drifting by. Most 20 year olds usually go to bars and drink which is a great way to socialize and meet people but I don't drink, which is a great conversation ender when in a bar. Does anyone else just sort of feel like their life is just drifting by, I mean if I'm going to die when I'm 50 is this how I'm going to remember my 20s, going to work and coming home to be completely alone. It just sort of feels like I'm drifting into nowhere and into nothing

TheErickDaniel

Re: Life Drifting By

Postby TheErickDaniel » Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:55 am

You shouldn't listen to what doctors say all the time, it's an opinion and science is still at it's infancy. People are pronounced with days left in their life and manage to move past it all the time.

If you could feel energized again, and stop feeling like life is drifting by, would you? send me a text +1 714-886-6581 , I know a way -

Helloraspberries1

Postby Helloraspberries1 » Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:35 pm

Hi, you don't know how much I can relate to this. I'm exactly the same too!!!! OMG.

Yes I can completely understand how you feel. I'm still trying to think what I need to do for this to get better. I have tried everything. For you to be so young too is weird cuz I am 24 lol.

I have been trying to start seeing someone for NY mental health issues again. I'm still seeing doctor but someone who is a bit like a counsellor but a support worker who helps you get back into the community doing stuff which I use to do.

At the moment looking for work but things are slow but got interviews next week. I'm glad to hear you work and going out. That's good to know. What do you do?

I think the most important thing is to keep talking. I'm struggling talking to people I'm close to and find talking to a stranger is much better. I can't even talk to my mum or close people about anything cuz I don't want them to think different of me.

I'm ok now but I know tomorrow could be the seen. These last days have been upsetting for me. It's been hard.

Please keep talking and reaching for help and don't give up.

I'm here for you anytime :)

Justyaaveraggurl

Postby Justyaaveraggurl » Mon Feb 27, 2017 6:50 pm

Hello, thanks for sharing with us. I think you will find that your situation is more common than you think. I would not accept a doctors life span expectancy as solid truth. No one knows when death will come, even when it's expected. I definitely would look into some type of counseling more on the side of therapy. The more you talk about things the more you may discover about your self. And there are plenty of ways to meet people other than bars especially since you don't drink. What are the things you do like to do? There's a website called meetup.com (not a dating website) where people form meetup groups with others in their local area for events, activities and social outings based on their common interest. That's a great way for you to meet people in your area. Another way is by volunteering. I have found that nothing provides more purpose and fulfillment in my life than when I take time to give of myself to others. As cliche as this may sound it truly is better to give than to receive. Sometimes it's our approach to life and our perspective on it that makes it seem to be passing us by. :)

ree

Postby ree » Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:47 am

Return to “Your Story”