Unhappy with who I am

Shared experiences of life, and the path that has led you to where you are.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

Jessiekerr

Unhappy with who I am

Postby Jessiekerr » Tue Dec 06, 2016 5:39 am

Just looking for some support. I'm really struggling to cope. I'm really hurting and I don't know where to go from here. I am only 30 years old but was in a 14 year abusive relationship. Mental.. emotional... sexual ... physical .. financial ... I managed to leave about 1.5 year ago but the effects seem to worsen with time as I'd blocked out a lot of past memories. I am now 7 months pregnant with a new partner and I thought he was my world but now I'm seeing things that I didn't see in the beginning. He is not abusive at all but I have uncovered a lot of lying and there's a lot of promises which are never met. I've also let myself down by doing stupid stuff. I feel lost and alone but am ttrying to be strong for my baby. I think he has a sex addiction problem and I really can't stand been hurt anymore. I don't deserve it. Please someone send me some love and some advice. I'm scared of myself and my dark thoughts

Jhaden84

Re: Unhappy with who I am

Postby Jhaden84 » Sat Dec 17, 2016 2:04 pm

Hi I'm sorry to hear about your past abusive relationship, abusive relationships can have so many negative effects on a person, but you will overcome it and you will be a stronger person because of it, as far as your current relationship , you said he's been doing a lot of lying ? And has made promises that he doesn't come through on? Could you please expand on that? You are not alone and you'll get through this , and I'll be here to listen and help along the way

Jhaden84

Re: Unhappy with who I am

Postby Jhaden84 » Sat Dec 17, 2016 2:07 pm

Also you are unhappy with who you are? How are you unhappy with yourself?

Return to “Your Story”