somuchpressure

Shared experiences of life, and the path that has led you to where you are.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, Astrid

bluebutterfly

somuchpressure

Postby bluebutterfly » Wed Aug 10, 2016 6:13 pm

I really need your help because I'm 18 years old and I have to choose my future career. The problem is that I'm depressed since I went to kindergarten.. I always wanted to be alone and when I'm around people I'm feeling excusted. Also i hate when I have to live my room. I'm not ready to take any decision right now but I have to.. My depression wont let me see any possible happy future for me.. I really what to see a doctor but I can't talk to my parents because they will think that I'm a failure.
Ps. if somebody know greek please tell me..

EagerBeaver

Re: somuchpressure

Postby EagerBeaver » Thu Aug 11, 2016 1:59 am

Hey, there! So sorry to know what you’re going through – your situation is definitely not uncommon. I think it would be a good idea if you take some time to sit down and talk about your concerns with your parents even if they think you’re a failure like you said. One reason they’re there in your life is to help you through hard times like these. It’s possible that they went through a similar struggle when they were your age! What’s more, those who know you well are often the best ones to go to when you have needs like this, especially, when it’s time to decide your future. I believe they may have some valuable advice to share with you. Hope you will feel better soon, too. Hugs!

Helloraspberries1

Postby Helloraspberries1 » Sat Aug 13, 2016 11:26 am

Hi there, I'm sorry to hear what your going through. What your describing is completely normal.

Some people find being around others intimating and scary. It can be a number of reasons why. You say you always were depressed since you were younger. Were you ways anxious around people at that time too? The reason why I say is it could be you just maybe have developed anxiety or social anxiety over the years.

It don't sound to me like anything server but it is best as you said to go and see the doctor. Maybe ask a friend to go with you. Remember the doctors won't disclose anything to your parents unless they think your at danger or risk. Once you seen them you will know your answer either or not you have something what can get treated.

Please keep reaching out in the mean time

I hope that helps

Take Care

Helloraspberries1 x

greenly24

Postby greenly24 » Sat Aug 13, 2016 3:09 pm

I am sorry that you're dealing with this and that you have been dealing with this for so long. I know it's not easy. But I think it's great that you want to go to college! Good for you! Have you ever tried talking with your parents about this before? Do you think you could have an honest conversation with them, or someone else you're close to, about what you're going through? Maybe they could help you through all of this. I know it's difficult, but keep your chin up.

Return to “Your Story”