cant stand the pain anymore

Shared experiences of life, and the path that has led you to where you are.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, Astrid

bluesmandoug1

cant stand the pain anymore

Postby bluesmandoug1 » Sun Sep 21, 2008 9:17 pm

i am a 57 year old man, married three times, recovering drug addict and alcoholic. after 57 years on this planet i am homeless, broke, and see no reason to live any longer.
i have suffered from severe depression all my life. i have been thru bouts of bipolar but am now so depressed i can't get out of bed. i have been off my meds for a couple of weeks and have no money to get more. made an appt at the local mental health clinic but have to leave town before it gets here.
depression runs in the family and my younger brother comitted suicide last december and it is starting to look like a good solution. i just cant stand the pain anymore. i need help and dont know what to do.

hey-its-ok

Postby hey-its-ok » Mon Sep 22, 2008 12:44 am

Hi Bluesmandoug1, hey, cheer up... commiting sucide is never a good solution, and there are many reasons to live, reasons to live are all around you, you just have to recognise them, but on another note, why don't you join the chat in this forum, there are many people there whom you can talk to, you might feel better after that.

You need to pull yourself together... we are all here for you at this forum... please take care, and all the best!! :D

Kyle

DONT DO IT

Postby Kyle » Mon Sep 22, 2008 1:08 am

theres always another alternative to a problem than suicide because:

1. Its everlasting

2. its excruatingly painful

3. It just upsets you loved ones

PS Im very sorry to hear about your loss of your brother we all care about you even if the world seems to have forrgotten you(i feel like that most of the time).

Emotional_77

Re: DONT DO IT

Postby Emotional_77 » Mon Sep 22, 2008 6:55 pm

Kyle wrote:3. It just upsets you loved ones

thats a huge one in my eyes

Hugs you

Warmsoul/Jeanie13

Postby Warmsoul/Jeanie13 » Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:21 am

(((((((((((((( bluesmandoug1 ))))))))))))))))

You have traveled this far, don't give up, please.

Where ever you are going to, there are clinic's available. Remember this and keep trying.

Lose of any relative you love is always painful. I have lost my three brothers and it still hurts.

Please consider visiting the chat room as hey-its-ok suggested. Really is a good supportive room. Many chatters that all deal with the depression and everyday struggles of life.

Warmie 8)

sigmund

Postby sigmund » Tue Sep 30, 2008 12:15 pm

mother teresa once said i know god won't throw anything he knows i can't handle, i just wish he didn't trust me so much.
i am so sorry for what you have gone through, i lot my dad before i was 2, was abused in everyway, lost 4 kids, lost my mum, had panic attacks, fear of people for last 15 years, but i have always hung in there cause i believe there has to be something better for me.
talk to your GP, explain your situation, hang in there and know you are not alone, i know it is not easy but always remember there is someone worse off than you.
when you kill yourself there is no room for changing your mind and suicide you are just running from yourself. regardless of being religious or not talk to your priest, a family memeber, GP, someone, know you are never alone we know how you are feeling and we are here for you. :!:

Return to “Your Story”