This is Long But Please Read It- I need the feedback

Shared experiences of life, and the path that has led you to where you are.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, Astrid

Am I in serious trouble from what's happened, in your opinion?

Yes.
100%
Maybe/I don't have enough information to say...
No votes

Total votes: 1

TeardropJane

This is Long But Please Read It- I need the feedback

Postby TeardropJane » Fri Aug 01, 2008 10:59 pm

My story is long but I will abriviate it for you sake.

So I turned 13 in Februrary and it had been a month since my closest friend had moved to Califonia and I had no idea what she was doing since I hadn't recived her phone number yet. In the beginning of March, though, she emailed me for the first time in weeks saying that she had been cutting herself.

I was distraught and began questioning a lot of things, darker things. Every time I would hear from her it would be with news of an attempted suicide a new friend made or admittance that she had been cutting again. Things over there were way worse than over where I live, so it was hard for me to help my best friend when I really didn't have any way to connect.

I told one of my friends, Beatrice (her real name is confidential) and after a while she started slipping down the same hole I fell into.
Being a good student, my teachers noticed right away when I wasn't "myself". I saw my guidence conselor and he didn't tell my parents anything about what was going on with me, even though he was VERY concerned.

After a while, my Lit. teacher noticed that my writing was much darker and had seen me use the word "suicide" in a couple of personal writings (which I shared with no one, he violated that) and immediately I was sent to guidence.

After a while things got very big and in rebellion, from everyone bugging me so much about how "bad" I felt (I had felt fine, recovering even), I technically attempted to die.

I sent out scary emails to my friends and they paniced when they recieved them -- though none told an adult. I was at school the next day, every day, laughing because the day previous to my "attempt" my guidence councelor asked me if I would be around the next day. I almost wasn't.

So when I finally told my mom (she found me fryingin my room) she got me my phycologist, Cherry (once again her real name is confidential).

The next Monday I was almost admitted to a adolecent residential programme in the hospital (the loony bin for teens) but convinced my mom that I was not in that much trouble.

Sorry, I better speed this story up.

My two friends Beatrice and Heather (both not their real names), at the end of school, when I was just getting better and starting to eat again, started to cut.

So by then I had a best friend in California cutting, and two at home cutting. Beatrice and Heather didn't trust any adults and weren't willing to be open towards anyone besides ME.

I thought I saved their lives by "telling" on them, seeing as how Beatrice wrote a suicide note and Heather took six headache pills (minor, but could become fatal).

Later I learned that they were lying to me, that they weren't really suicidal but wanted to seem that way because they wanted to be able to realate to me

By this time it was mid June and I was better but not feeling like I should be better, you know? When I got back from a family vacation in the end of June I plumbited downwards, yet again.

I thought every night that it was my last, and came up with multiple plans, notes and almost actions.

Until I ODed on Flouride, the kind you're supposed to NOT SWALLOW. So yeah. I didn't tell my parents and they still don't know anything past what happened during school.

Now it's August and today I made plans to "go waway for a long, long time" because I've wanted to die too many times and have waited to long.

The problem is though, I don't want to die anymore. So like everyone else I have these fantasies about how I would nearly kill myself but at the last moment I would survive. I'm scared of using knifes, because I feel self-destructive around them. Same thing with meds.

I need a reason to be here, I need a point. Right now I see no future for me, for I do not want to follow the path everyone else follows.

My main problem is that I want to help others before I help myself, and the only reason I am alive is because I couldn't stand the pain it would bear on my friends who NEED me.

Please, some comfort and feed back. (sorry for bad spelling) :cry:

hey-its-ok

Postby hey-its-ok » Thu Aug 14, 2008 11:45 pm

hi TDJ... sorry i can't take part in your poll... because i feel that whichever option i select will be wrong, so i just have to write a reply instead...

i have seen some of your posts, you are a very kind and helpful and compassionate person, if you ask me if you are in trouble, well, you don't have to be in trouble, you can make things better, the world is out there for you, go and make the world a better place, even if you make a difference in one person's life, you have already made a difference...

hey-its-ok

Postby hey-its-ok » Thu Aug 14, 2008 11:49 pm

you know jane, there is a future for you, what you are going through now is a period of depression, you are young, your future is bright, and your future is in your hands, you can make the most out of it, you just have to see life from a different angle, see how luckly you are, see that you have been blessed with such a kind heart...

TeardropJane

Postby TeardropJane » Fri Aug 15, 2008 12:12 pm

thanks. ive gotten worse but now it's finally looking up for me. thanx for all the kind compliments. it really means a lot.

hey-its-ok

Postby hey-its-ok » Fri Aug 15, 2008 12:25 pm

those are not just compliments, i'm just stating some facts about you to let you see yourself and your situation more clearly... i'm glad things are looking up for you... wishing you all the best...

TeardropJane

Postby TeardropJane » Sat Aug 16, 2008 5:45 pm

Thanks. You're a very kind person too.

Return to “Your Story”