Me and how I get by

Shared experiences of life, and the path that has led you to where you are.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

earl

Me and how I get by

Postby earl » Sun Sep 29, 2013 12:30 pm

51 year old plumber with social anxiety most family think I have life good, but I hate to drive being around more than 4 people feels like a truck setting on my chest , not being able to go to the back yard with out seeing people drives me nuts. Wife doesn't drive. thinks I should get over it .
How I survive > Anything I do I do my best. I have taught myself since I've done my best there is nothing more I can do if it doesn't suit some one Oh well
I do what I think is right base on my upbringing and that part of you that knows I don't compromise my values
I keep my mind busy, if your mind is working on good thing it can't drag you to bad places
I garden, bike, fish, shoot, tinker with small engines anything to keep my mind working .
It isn't easy to train youself to think different and takes time but it keeps me moving towards a better place and I can see the place where I can thrive maybe coming to a reality in just a few more years
Earl

hollyann

Postby hollyann » Sun Sep 29, 2013 2:11 pm

Hi Earl. Sounds like you stay pretty busy. Do you take anything to help with your anxiety?

earl

Postby earl » Sun Sep 29, 2013 2:42 pm

hollyann wrote:Hi Earl. Sounds like you stay pretty busy. Do you take anything to help with your anxiety?

Yes but just enough to take the edge off

TammyJS

Postby TammyJS » Tue Oct 01, 2013 3:03 pm

Hi Earl,
I am new here. It sounds like you have those steps in place to stay strong and fight back. Thank your for your posts I think it helps hearing how someone does the fight with the most minimal amount of medications.

Return to “Your Story”