Stolen Childhood

Shared experiences of life, and the path that has led you to where you are.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, Astrid

borstalboy

Stolen Childhood

Postby borstalboy » Mon Mar 31, 2008 4:05 pm

Well hi all
My story starts I guess when I was nine. One moment all is fine the next I find myself living with a new father and a couple of extra siblings too. At the time I did not know what was going on but my Mother had left my Father for a man she worked with. Shortly after she left my Father I was not allowed to see my Father. My Father could not handle being kept away from me and ended up taking his own life. The way I found out was after school I walked in the front door and then my Mother just said your Father is dead he was sick. I could not understand how he could be sick. I was then not allowed to go to his funeral or to our old house again. My Mother then procced to try and wipe everything about him off the face of the earth. She burnt all his pictures and destoryed anything that was his.
Along with dealing with this my new living arrangements which now consisted of a step father, step brother, step sister and baby hafl sister turned out to be hell. My step father use to always favour his own son who was 3years older then me. If anything was wrong it was my fault for which he would hit me. His son would also pick on me as well as use me for his little sex toy. I found myself staying away from home as much as I could sleeping out at friends or only going home when I knew more people were there. This did not seem to bother any one either it appeared that they didnt care if I was gone all day then rang to say I was staying at a friends house for the night, even though I was only 11 years old.
This hell on earth continued until I was about 13 when the step brother finally left the house, but the step father did not let up. On top of all this school was not that great either always being bully and picked up with no one to turn to as mother worked all the time and the step father well he could not care anyway.
All through this time I was still trying to find out what really happen with my real dad, only to be told he was a bad man who did everyone a favour. I had no photos of him and was starting to forget what he looked like. I knew he had brothers and sisters back in the UK but my mother claimed she did not know how to contact them (that was a lie). I am know 35 and through pure luck and the internet have been reunited with my dad's side of the family but they all live on the other side of the world.
My mother has caused me nothing but trouble after I was married and I have had to tell her and my older true brother to stay away from me.

well thats it for now in the short form between the lines there at least a 100 hours of therepy there.

Warmsoul/Jeanie13

Postby Warmsoul/Jeanie13 » Sun Apr 20, 2008 11:47 am

Hi borstalboy,

I am sorry things are as they are. Truly hope you continue posting here. Come join up in the chat room. It really does help to be able to talk with those that understand and never judge.

Take care

Warmie 8)

Return to “Your Story”