It's on the cards

Shared experiences of life, and the path that has led you to where you are.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, Astrid

Stephen
Senior Moderator

It's on the cards

Postby Stephen » Fri Aug 10, 2007 12:36 am

The idea of sharing my life story, is one that appeals and repels me at the the same time.

To share what I have been though - as so many have been - is one that I wish to openly publish, but at the same time, one that I want to hide from others (and myself). A paradox, I know.

I think overall though, that I will write a little autobiographical piece for this forum in time; or, I will take up the option of writing a blog which I understand is available here, within this site.

I think there are some things that I would be able to express more easily in these forums, than I can via the chat rooms. I'm not knocking the depression chat rooms, but to express how I feel precisely isn't always possible when there are others that have more important issues than I face myself.

Time alone will tell what action I take.

These options are open to all, so why not be the precursor? I cannot, and will not, do it all.

Stephen

ButterflyKisses

Postby ButterflyKisses » Sun Oct 07, 2007 6:09 pm

I know, and understand what you mean about wanting to share your story, and yet at the same time keep it to yourself.

You want to share, because it gets it "out there". You know that other people must feel the same way you do, and have shared the same or similuar situations. At the same time, what you have IE:depression, past abuse etc. doesn't have to confine you to who you are in everyday life. For example, my co-workers don't know anything about my sorted past. They only know me as the cheerful, sometimes funny co-worker, supervisor. Thats more of who I am, my illness (?) doesn't define who I am everyday. Its always there, ready to rear its ugly head, but its not who I am. Its only a part of me.

I hope that one day you do get your story out. But only if you are comfortable with it. You have to take care of you first.

(hugs)
Jen

Stephen
Senior Moderator

Postby Stephen » Mon Oct 08, 2007 7:38 pm

Hi Jen -- it's nice to know your real name.

Yes, my life story is still "on the cards". I will do it (I think), but as you correctly say, there's that feeling between expression and exposure that puts doubts in my mind. The latter [exposure] can feel like it puts one in a vulnerable position.

For example, my co-workers don't know anything about my sorted past. They only know me as the cheerful, sometimes funny co-worker, supervisor.

I too have a public persona, I use it a lot. They're very helpful aren't they?

Okay, in conclusion: I will write a "Your Story", although I am still realistically toying with writing a blog. Oh the endless choices in life that make me procrastinate!

Stephen

ButterflyKisses

Postby ButterflyKisses » Wed Oct 10, 2007 4:39 pm

exposure is what I would call what happened the other night in chat. When I was having a problem and sharing and got shut down by another member. ALL of you came to my "rescue", but it was a risk to even tell my problem/feelings. We all are exposed, and all take the risk of being told we are silly, or over sensitive etc. Take your time...even if you put it in a private blog, that only you can see, its getting it out of you...like a cancer, once its out of you you will feel better about it...I think a private blog would be a good thing for you. Being the crafted and skilled writer that I imagine you to be! :wink:

Warmsoul/Jeanie13

Postby Warmsoul/Jeanie13 » Wed Oct 10, 2007 4:50 pm

Jen,

Yes, that all happened and truly sorry it did. It happens sometimes, but not always. But look at it as people were there for you. You typed, it was read and replied to. Have tried to do that myself but I think I type in invisible.

Take care and sure to see you in the room again tonight. Hope all is well.

Stephen, knowing you as well as I do, I am sure you will find the proper way to express your feelings. :wink:

Warmie 8)

ButterflyKisses

Postby ButterflyKisses » Thu Oct 11, 2007 6:00 am

Oh Warmie, I'm sorry you feel like you type invisible! I have enjoyed the short exchanges we have shared! I would hope you feel like we could connect in some way. ((HUGS))

Warmsoul/Jeanie13

Postby Warmsoul/Jeanie13 » Thu Oct 11, 2007 7:55 am

Thank you Jen, appreciate that. :D

Warmie 8)

Stephen
Senior Moderator

Postby Stephen » Sun Oct 14, 2007 7:31 pm

Yes we do risk "exposure". As you said though Jen, in times when it seems our "exposure" is too much, and is shot down, we all do come to each others aid.

Also I'd like to thank this forums' administrators for deleting the spam that seems a saddening part of life on the Internet these days. You do a great job!

As for the blog/your story, yep, it's still, On the Cards. I've been away for the majority of the weekend, so I've not had time to do anything about it so far.

Take care, Stephen

p.s. of course you don't write in invisible ink Jeanie -- sorry I'm slow at reply on occasion.

Warmsoul/Jeanie13

Postby Warmsoul/Jeanie13 » Sun Oct 14, 2007 11:41 pm

Yes, I do, a talent!

Warmie 8)

Stephen
Senior Moderator

Postby Stephen » Wed Oct 17, 2007 7:51 pm

Sorry, I can't agree with that.

You're a much valued and loved individual Jeanie.

I'm sorry if you ever feel ignored. It's not intentional on my behalf.

Stephen

Warmsoul/Jeanie13

Postby Warmsoul/Jeanie13 » Thu Oct 18, 2007 11:36 am

Okay, ty

Warmie 8)

Return to “Your Story”