Important questions about my meds

Information about depression and other related health issues (includes medications).

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, Astrid

delta12

Important questions about my meds

Postby delta12 » Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:20 am

I get from doc efexor, when he see some little results afther 4 weeks he decided to raise the dosis from 150 to 225. he said you you will feel side effects again. and yes i haf them, tremors, dry mouth anexitie, he also said it will go away in twoo weeks. The last thing he say is that it take 2-6 weeks cantake when the new dosis is effective. i hope on some positive healing talking thanks

Mich

Postby Mich » Thu Oct 22, 2009 1:44 pm

I had to get up to 450 mg of Effexor before it did anything for me but we are all different. I hope you get some relief from your suffering soon.

xn728

hi delta12

Postby xn728 » Thu Oct 22, 2009 2:41 pm

hi ,im not on these but have heard good things about them ,just stick with them for a while and see what happens ,never give up ,if this is not right ,you will find something better one day ,best wishes ,,xn728

Monty

Postby Monty » Thu Nov 05, 2009 4:48 pm

I think that it is about 2 weeks since you last wrote.

Hopefully the effexor is doing some good for you now, and the side-effects have subsided.

Keep in touch.

Hanging On

Postby Hanging On » Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:14 am

Hi Delta12. I hope you have not had any negative reactions to Effexor. I have been on antidepressant meds for over ten years now. Effexor is the latest one that my mental health doc. put me on. Started with a low dose and moved up to 350mg. I also take celexa/citalopram 50mg with it.

Hopefully by now your system has leveled off and gotten used to these meds. Just be diligent in taking them. Don't stop taking them just because you start to feel better. Along with the meds I also see a therapist. You may want to consider one also.

The two work well together for most people. Well anyway I hope this post finds you in good spirits and feeling better. Good luck, and welcome to the forum.

Monty

Postby Monty » Thu Nov 12, 2009 12:15 pm

I have been on psych meds (continuously) since about 1988.

Was taking lithium for quite a few years and the dry mouth just drove me nuts. What no one told me is that can be very hard on your teeth.

I still would have taken it if I had known but I would have made sure that I made more of an effort to make sure that I brushed my teeth regularly.

I agree with what Hanging On said regarding needing the talking therapy along with the meds

It seems that I read somewhere that 75% of people with the bipolar diagnosis "need" to have, both talking and med therapy.

Hoping that your system is getting more used to the Effexor

Return to “Articles and Essays | Medications: Experiences and Advice”