Has anybody been prescribed BUSPAR?

Information about depression and other related health issues (includes medications).

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

bluegothXB5

Has anybody been prescribed BUSPAR?

Postby bluegothXB5 » Mon Jun 09, 2008 11:57 am

Hello all,

Because my meds don't seem to be working very well, I've been investigating possible alternatives and came across an anti-depressant/anti-anxiety medication called Buspar. I am wondering whether to ask my GP if I can try it, but I wondered if anyone has any experience of taking it. I realise everyone has different reactions to meds, but there is generally a positive/negative view of a medication. Please let me know about anything you may have heard/experienced.

Many thanks guys. I hope you are having a great day!
Bluegoth
xx

Warmsoul/Jeanie13

Postby Warmsoul/Jeanie13 » Mon Jun 09, 2008 7:22 pm

((((((((((((( bluegoth )))))))))))))))

No, sorry I haven't, but a good decision to talk with your GP about it. Sure you will find answers to all your questions.

Take care

Warmie 8)

Whisper

more good reviews than bad w/ Buspar

Postby Whisper » Sun Sep 20, 2009 1:25 am

I've found it helpful to find sites w/ user reviews. You tend to see an overall pattern and the worst side effects will reveal themselves. I found Buspar to be usually well tolerated. it seems to more often than not boost the ad you are already on and can revive one that has pooped out on you over time.
Its been around a long time so the patent ran out and there are like 8 generics of it out, which means its much cheaper than a new patent protected drug.

I'll be trying it soon as my ad pooped out and I'm too med sensitive. Every generic I looked at had lactose as an ingredient, so I'm iffy on if I can tolerate it, since I'm lactose and dairy allergic. I'll try taking it w/ Lactaid and post when I know how it goes.

Return to “Articles and Essays | Medications: Experiences and Advice”