sertraline

Information about depression and other related health issues (includes medications).

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

fluffball

sertraline

Postby fluffball » Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:51 pm

:? is anyone else taking 50mg sertraline cos ive been on it for 4 years now and gp has put me on 100mg now due to stress in my life.if anyone can tell me what and how they are feeling cos i really need to speak to someone on the same med as me.

St8arrow

Re: sertraline

Postby St8arrow » Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:18 am

fluffball wrote::? is anyone else taking 50mg sertraline cos ive been on it for 4 years now and gp has put me on 100mg now due to stress in my life.if anyone can tell me what and how they are feeling cos i really need to speak to someone on the same med as me.

Hello fluffball

I guess I don't qualify as being a person on sertraline but I nevertheless will offer you this advice. Your body has got used to the 50 mg. dose and it is not reducing the effects of the stress in your life as it used to do. So the Doctor wants to increase it to 100 mg.

I suppose if that works for awhile things will be relatively alright but eventually 100 mg. won't be enough and he will start giving you a second or maybe even a third medication. I would suggest that you try to get in touch with a cognitive behavioral therapist.

Some of them have helped people with their relevant fears and either reduced the "patients" need for medication, or with the passage of time, eliminated the need for such medication altogether. Why don't you give this advice a try. I think you will find it to be valuable.

fluffball

Postby fluffball » Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:39 pm

hi,i am seeing someone for therapy.but i think that the root of my problems is my husband.he cant see me happy.i cant cope anymore with his controlling and abusive behaviour.my psycologist has asked me to write a daily diary and the outcome was that its the way my husband treats me.

St8arrow

Postby St8arrow » Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:46 am

fluffball wrote:hi,i am seeing someone for therapy.but i think that the root of my problems is my husband.he cant see me happy.i cant cope anymore with his controlling and abusive behaviour.my psycologist has asked me to write a daily diary and the outcome was that its the way my husband treats me.

Perhaps your husband is so afraid of losing you that he wants you to be dependent on him. If I am guessing right here, then you have to confront him about that fear and either tell him that the fear is irrational or that you have had enough of his current behavior and you expect him to change toute suite. (immediately if not sooner)

Of course the main point here is whether or not you are working. If not then you are dependent on him for your economic needs and that throws a monkey wrench into the works big time. But enough of my guessing. Let me know if any of the above ideas have hit the mark and if not, lets see what further advice I can offer you in accordance with how you answer this letter.

Return to “Articles and Essays | Medications: Experiences and Advice”