Abilify

Information about depression and other related health issues (includes medications).

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

paulapjseven

Abilify

Postby paulapjseven » Fri Nov 04, 2011 6:50 pm

Does anyone have any input about Abilify used for treatment for Major Depression? By the time I read all the paperwork that came with it, with all it's many, many side effects--I am too afraid to use it. OMG, how can they put this stuff on the market for depressed people to take?

If anyone has information-good or bad experiences with it, please post.

Obayan

Postby Obayan » Mon Nov 21, 2011 4:04 pm

It's difficult when talking about medications because we each have a different physiology and will react differently to the same meds. Some do have some side affects but they generally are mild and go away soon after takeing them. If the meds have a severe side affect or the affect lasts for longer than a couple weeks i would seek out a doctor hon. Please understand that a pharmacutical company is required to list all possible side affects no matter how rare they may be. So just because it's listed as possible, doesn't mean you'll have it.

paulapjseven

Postby paulapjseven » Mon Nov 21, 2011 4:29 pm

Just stopped taking this, I gave it 2 weeks and it was giving me what my doctor called mini seizures, also bad belly pain. He had me stop taking it.

Obayan

Postby Obayan » Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:46 pm

so sorry to hear you had such a bad reaction to it hon. i hope your doc helps you to find a med that works better

paulapjseven

Postby paulapjseven » Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:57 pm

I hope so and quick

Return to “Articles and Essays | Medications: Experiences and Advice”