Self medication.

Information about depression and other related health issues (includes medications).

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

stephen_gray98

Self medication.

Postby stephen_gray98 » Tue Nov 13, 2007 4:14 am

Hello.

Here in the UK I went to my doctor as I could feel my old depression coming back. The long and short is that he could not help me quickly - I would have to wait 2 months ! Anyway, I decided to self help using St Johns Wort and 5-HTP. The St. Johns Wort has lifted me a bit and the 5-HTP has stopped the emotional episodes and helps me sleep. I have also been trying to get hold of Lithium Orotate but it seems a little expensive considering how abundant it is - does anyone know where I can get this in UK cheaply ?

SPG

ButterflyKisses

Postby ButterflyKisses » Tue Nov 13, 2007 3:59 pm

Hello Stephen_gray98! Sorry, can't help you. Glad to see St. Johns Wart has helped. I took it, and I didn't feel any different. Hope someone can help you with your question, I don't even know what it is! lol

Warmsoul/Jeanie13

Postby Warmsoul/Jeanie13 » Tue Nov 13, 2007 4:45 pm

Hi stephen_gray98

Isn't Lithium orotate for bipolar disorder (manic depression)? I live in the United States so unfortunately I can not help you with this.

You could check the internet, still I don't know if that is safe.

Wish I could be of more help to you at this time. Nice to see you posting in the forums. :)

Good luck with your search.

Warmie 8)

mk43

Postby mk43 » Mon Feb 22, 2010 12:26 pm

this may sound insane but adderall really helped my anxiey and depression i mean it straight up amphetamines...and yes addictive but takin as perscribed allowed me to focus and oddly enough helped. I believe alot of misdiagnosis is goin on and all these psychiatric drugs are more harmful on your body than actual drugs at times. wat happened to the old fashioned smoking...not ciggs

Return to “Articles and Essays | Medications: Experiences and Advice”