PATCH FOR DEPRESSION? FIORICET?

Information about depression and other related health issues (includes medications).

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

stuk

PATCH FOR DEPRESSION? FIORICET?

Postby stuk » Mon Jan 03, 2011 4:35 pm

My psychologist has just suggested that my MD prescribes an anti-depressant medication patch since most meds are useless due to my severe GI mal-absorption. He has suggesed Selegiline (sp?). Has anyone had any experience with this patch?

Also, strangely, the 1940's pain medication fioricet or fiorinol (aspirin-caffeine-and butalbital) actually breaks through my barrier and I get 20-30 minutes of relief from my severe depression. No one understands this since other forms of caffeine have no effect and butalbital was put in the drug to be a relaxant that would very likely cause drowsiness. Has anyone else had this short but so welcome break from depression while on Fioricet? The only drawback has been that seeing the other side of life without depression for that 20-30 minutes per day has made my long term depression worse since I now know what I'm missing in life. :(

hollyann

Postby hollyann » Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:31 am

I'm sorry stuk I have never heard of it until now. Maybe they can find a longer lasting patch for you?

Holly

Return to “Articles and Essays | Medications: Experiences and Advice”