Need help cymbalta withdrawal

Information about depression and other related health issues (includes medications).

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

jo ann

Need help cymbalta withdrawal

Postby jo ann » Sat Nov 20, 2010 10:26 pm

My 20 yr old daughter was on Cymbalta for just under 4 weeks. Started 30 mg 1 wk to 60 mg from there on. We see her getting worse on it so she and I opted to come off of under doctor supervision. He had her decrease to 60mg every other day for 5 days and stop all together. However never told us about withdrawal side effects so trying to cope in the dark now. She gets anxiety and anger attacks and has nights she never falls asleep. I have done body massage at 3am, crawled in bed and held her, cold packs, hot packs. Any help on how to get thru this would be beneficial.
Have been using the Bach's Rescue Remedy drops which seem to help a little but need to just knock her out so she can sleep. thanks for any help you can offer.

crystalgaze

Postby crystalgaze » Sun Nov 21, 2010 8:15 am

Hi jo ann! Welcome. Wow! I'm sorry you are having a tough time. Something really does sound wrong. Has your daughter done blood work & a urinalysis recently? If not, you might want to do that and/or even consult the same doctor again/another doctor specifically about the withdrawal effects.

I'm not sure what to say beyond that. I know what works for me is lavender/super lavandin oil to help calm me down when I need it. What works for me when I can't sleep is some kind of sleep ease oil. Valerian oil/tea has worked for me, but I couldn't stand the odor. Sometimes herbal tea helps me.... (e.g. chamomile) A lot of people don't believe in things like aromatherapy or tea, though.... but it has worked for me.

You will probably want to take your daughter to a doctor. (My parents saw me get worse with medicine I was taking for a seizure. Another doctor said I might have needed a mood stabilizer. Go to another doctor!!)

I hope your daughter feels better soon!

Return to “Articles and Essays | Medications: Experiences and Advice”