Canadians-Zyprexa Lawsuit

Information about depression and other related health issues (includes medications).

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, Astrid

Monty

Canadians-Zyprexa Lawsuit

Postby Monty » Fri Aug 27, 2010 12:59 pm

Hi everyone,

Know that it has been a while since I have posted (and I miss it). I am full-time care-giver for my mom.

It was a challenge before but since she broke her ribs and punctured her lung on July 1, she has taken up most of my time.

I did want to post to the group about the class action lawsuit that Canadians who have taken zyprexa before 2007, have settled with Eli Lily (the company who makes it).

The conditions of being eligible is that you developed diabetes, prior to 2007, if either you were taking the drug when the diabetes was first diagnosed or being diagnosed within a year of stopping the zyprexa.

I hadn't heard about the suit. It turned out that one of my counsellors, from a few years ago heard about it and remembered that I had been on zyprexa.

They say that you can get the forms and file yourself. I chose to do it through a law firm because mine is a difficult case because the psychiatrist that I was seeing at the time, has since retired. So it took a lot of run-around to get copies of the records.

It wouldn't bother me too much except that the settlement is $12,500.

I know that they settled a while ago in the States, but in Canada, you have until the middle of October to file.

Just thought I'd let people know in case they can benefit from the ruling.

Take care everyone.

Obayan

Postby Obayan » Fri Aug 27, 2010 3:42 pm

Thank you for looking out for others and for caring so much monty.

Warmsoul/Jeanie13

Postby Warmsoul/Jeanie13 » Fri Aug 27, 2010 5:39 pm

(((((((((((((((( Monty ))))))))))))))))

Good to see you back and active, being the loving and caring soul you are.

Welcome home.

Warmie

Return to “Articles and Essays | Medications: Experiences and Advice”