Guardian Newspaper Articles Re. Depression.

Information about depression and other related health issues (includes medications).

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, Astrid

TackingIntoTheWind

Guardian Newspaper Articles Re. Depression.

Postby TackingIntoTheWind » Wed Aug 11, 2010 11:14 am

It may be that some of our UK-based brethren, ( and female brethren, of course! :wink: ), may already have seen these articles in the Guardian newspaper on their days of publication.
But, I thought that I would mention them here, as I found them to be very helpful, insightful and positive discussions about depression, that will hopefully help both depressives and non-depressives alike to understand the matters involved.

These articles are:

" Depression-the illness that's still taboo. " ( An article written by a Guardian journalist, Mark Rice-Oxley. This article is his account of his descent into, experience of, and ongoing recovery from, depression. This article was of particular interest and reassurance to me, as his experiences are very similar to my own. So, I found this article very reassuring as it once again showed me that I'm not alone in my experiences, and it was very hopeful account of recovery, at least in part, from depression.)

Mental health: The invisible illness. ( A editorial article about mental health issues generally, which again, I found very useful. )

If you access the Guardian's website at guardian.co.uk you will find a box in the top right-hand corner that will allow you to search the site. If you type in Mark Rice-Oxley, it will take you to a list of articles including the two that I've mentioned.

crystalgaze

Postby crystalgaze » Wed Aug 11, 2010 1:21 pm

Thanks Tacking! :) It looks like it will be a good read!

Warmsoul/Jeanie13

Postby Warmsoul/Jeanie13 » Mon Sep 06, 2010 8:31 am

((((((((((((((((((((((( TackingIntoTheWind )))))))))))))))))))))))

Just me, saying hello and hope all is well with you.

Warmie

Return to “Articles and Essays | Medications: Experiences and Advice”